Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Making of The Nonsense

Welcome to the first installment. Here is where you'll read about all the nonsense that comes spewing out of my mouth when someone or something sets me off on a tangent on something that I am passionate about.

But first, a brief introduction. I'm 30-something and I'm passionate. I'm not going to categorize myself with any label I'll allow you to label me as you see fit. I'm not about to take a magic marker and write "I'm a jackass" on my forehead. I will let you determine that for yourselves. And just for a quick note, I can be a jackass.

Now where was I, oh yes, I'm passionate about politics and sports but politics intrigue me. I feel a lot of people don't pay attention to what really goes on with our government or the economy or the elections, things of that nature. They normally get their information from one source, which is usually the main stream media. To each is own, but I feel that's like asking the 16 year old kid who works in the produce department at the grocery store to tell me how to manage an apple orchard.

I prefer to listen or read various news outlets on both sides of the fence, for example left wing, right wing, liberal, and conservative and form my own opinion because everyone spins the truth for their own benefit. I do lean in one particular direction when it comes to politics but you'll figure it out. I'm not doing this to incite rioting. I'm not going to spew out statistics or anything of that nature. I'm simply going to be stating my opinion on certain subjects and hopefully some of what I say will make you go "hmmm... I didn't know that" or "hmmm... that's interesting" or maybe even "this guy is a genius, he should be bottled and sold... and he's cute too". Just kidding on the last one, but I hope everyone understands my goal here. Frankly, it's not important to me if you like what I have to say or not. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Hopefully everyone will enjoy reading because my fingers hurt from typing. The sacrifices I make to entertain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh boy, here we go!!!!